Padstow Cottage Company
The Padstow Cottage Company site shows up to date, live availability for all our cottages to make booking easier for you.
1. Who is responsible for managing my information?
Padstow Cottage Company and all websites and brochures operated and/or produced in relation to it are owned and maintained by
Padstow Cottage Company Ltd
(“we” or “us”)
This is our Privacy Notice and it explains how we collect, use, share and protect your personal data. We are responsible for the collection and proper management of any personal information you submit.
We will keep your personal details secure and use the information you provide consistently with applicable privacy and data protection laws and the terms of this Privacy Notice.
2. What information do we collect?
If you choose to make a booking through us or make queries about a potential booking we will collect details that you provide in relation to that booking or query. Information held is likely to include your name, contact details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help manage you booking.
If you are an Owner and choose to let your property with us we will collect details such as your name, contact details, bank account details and details regarding the accommodation you wish to let.
We also collect website usage information and do this using “cookies”. Cookies – small text files that are placed on your device to help the site provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping baskets, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
3. How do we use your information?
- The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- To enable us to complete your booking (if you are booking a holiday);
- We may pass your details to another organisation affiliated with us in order to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service;
- To enable us to advertise your holiday property, transfer payments due to you and to provide related support services (if you are letting your holiday property through us);
- For statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services;
- To tell you about other special offers and services we think may be of interest to you (if you have selected this preference when booking);
- To manage customer service queries;
- To help us to provide details or information you may have requested.
4. On what legal basis will we process your information?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below:-
Performance of a Contract
If you make a booking through us we will use the details that you give to provide that booking to you. This information is likely to include your name, contact details, payment details, information about people travelling with you, information about your booking and any additional information we may need to help meet your specific needs.
If you let your holiday property with us we will use the information collect details such as your name, contact details, bank account details and details regarding the property you wish to let to perform our agreement(s) with you.
If you do not provide us with the information set out in this paragraph, then we may not be able to provide the booking or our owner letting services.
We want to give you the best possible customer experience whilst respecting your privacy.
We may use your name and contact details to tell you about our special offers and services which we think may be of interest to you – if you have given us permission to do so. You can ask us to stop doing so at any time.
We may use some of your personal information for statistical purposes when we evaluate our range of services.
We may also use and disclose your personal data for compliance purposes, as required by any legal or taxation authority and to the extent that we are required to do so by law or regulation.
5. Who will you share my information with?
In order to provide you with the products and services that we offer we may share your information with:
- Owners of or agents for holiday cottages (if you are making a holiday booking);
- Individuals who may be renting accommodation from you (if you are a property owner);
- Secure payment provider “SagePay;
- Other third parties who we may need to work with to deliver services for example, website designers and developers.
We may also use and disclose your personal data without your permission in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, to legal and taxation authorities, to prevent crime and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
6. How do you manage my information?
We may from time to time appoint third party service providers, to help us manage efficient systems within the business. Some of these systems may for operational reasons be located in countries overseas including the USA.
We will only transfer your information to service providers who help manage our systems, or overseas, where we are satisfied that this is lawful and that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of any information being processed and in compliance with applicable privacy laws. If we transfer your personal data to service providers outside the European Economic Area then we will always use a lawful method to do so. In the case of transfers to the USA this may be either the “Privacy Shield” Programme or an agreement in a form approved by the European Commission. In the case of transfers to other countries outside the European Economic Area then this will be an agreement in a form approved by the European Commission.
7. Updating Your Details?
If you would like to change any of your preferences relating to the way in which we may use your information for direct marketing, then please update your user preferences or send an email to [email protected] or alternatively you can call on 07715 374 688.
8. How long will we hold your information for?
We have a system of retention periods in place to ensure that your information is only stored whilst it is required for the relevant purposes or to meet legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of or deleted in a secure manner.
9. Your rights
You have the right to ask us at any time:
- To confirm whether we hold any of your personal data;
- To send you a copy of any personal data that we hold about you;
- To correct any inaccuracies in your personal data and to add relevant details where the personal data we hold is incomplete;
- To delete (to the extent possible) any of your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- To stop processing your personal data, where we are required by law to do so;
- To let you have a portable copy of the personal data we hold about you, where we are required by law to do so;
- To stop processing any of your personal data that we process on the basis of our legitimate interests;
- To stop sending you marketing material. However please note that we may continue to send you essential (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as email updates and balance reminders.
Where we have reached a decision that affects you by processing your personal data automatically then you have the right to speak to someone to discuss that decision.
We do not use your personal data for the purpose of profiling.
Where we process your personal data on the basis that you have given us your consent to do so then you may contact us at any time to withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or wish to object to our use of your personal information, please email to us.
Data Protection Co-ordinator
Padstow Cottage Company Ltd
10. Does the notice apply to linked websites?
Our websites may contain links to other websites. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
11. How do we update this privacy notice?
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on our webpage.
12. Who can I contact if I have queries about this privacy notice?
You can also contact us directly if you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you.
Please write to us at the address given below.
Data Protection Co-ordinator
Padstow Cottage Company Ltd
by email to: [email protected]
Alternatively you can call on 07715 374 688
If you are dissatisfied with our handling of any complaint you also have the right to raise concerns with The UK Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk
13 Padstow Cottage Company Terms and Conditions of Trade
This website is protected by copyright. © Padstow Cottage Company Ltd, unless otherwise stated. Site content is not to be copied, modified, distributed, published or made available on a network without the prior written consent of Padstow Cottage Company. All other rights reserved.
Please feel free to establish a link to this site from your site, provided the context is relevant and the link or its description is not detrimental to the business of Padstow Cottage Company. All links to this site must go to the homepage. Please do not link directly to any other pages on this site.
All images used within this website are copyright © Padstow Cottage Company Ltd, unless otherwise stated. If you require any further information, please email your request to [email protected],